A child with annoying behavior
how can you break bad habits
It can really amaze me how some children behave, and that some parents really do not understand how this behavior did arose. They really do not seem to get there own responsibility in that fact. When you do not have a clue why your child is misbehaving, it is time for some self-reflection.
Be aware of the fact, that every time you give in just for once, you have to correct misbehavior 30 times afterwards.
- When your child can not sleep and wants to sleep in your bed, you are tired and say, oké, just this once…..
- Your child is nagging for a sweety in the supermarket, and you give in just for once…..
- Your child comes out of bed, and you let it watch TV for a while just for once…..
- When you let your child play with unsuitable toys just for once…..
(unsuitable toys, your keys, remote controls, mobile phones etc. you better learn them from the earliest beginning to keep their hands of your and other people’s things)
Tips for parents before go shopping, when repeatedly everything goes wrong :
- Decide before you go into the store, how you will react when your child will misbehave.
- Make a list for what is needed and stick to it, so you can give your attention to the kids.
- Talk to your kids before leaving and tell them which behavior you expect from them.
- One child can help putting the listed groceries into the cart, the others will sit in the cart or have their turn the next time. When you let 2 children help, you are asking for a quarrel.
- To keep their hands from anything in the store.
- That you expect them to stay with you in the store.
- That you will not allow nagging.
Make a deal and set an award before you go shopping and remind them, just before entering the store, to the bargain you made.
The award can be something like:
- baking cookies together
- extra tablet time
- bathtime instead of shower
- choose which veggie to eat
- go afterwards to the park or playground
Do not start giving kids food in the supermarket just for once….
Do not tolerate any crap, like eyerolling, funny voices, baby behavior or nagging.
Child-Annoying-Behavior-Break-Bad-Habits-Tips- for Parents
- Very important! Be attentive and give a compliment about every good behavior
- Set up an award program
- Be consequent, when they reach the age of 14, you can start negotiation.
- Be sure you can carry out the restriction at once, do what you say you will.
- Threat only with punishment you can implement
- Give only punishment where you will not be a victum of
- Negotiate is out of the question
- Give a time – out
You can set up an award system, I use the “tumb-up” system, they get an award when they have earned 50 tumbs!
And they can earn them on every occasion where I like to see a change.
To mention a few:
- Wash their hands after going to the toilet and turn of the light
- Nice playing with each other for an hour
- Without any quarrel walk to and out of school
- Set the table for lunch
- Neatly talk no weird words, no smart mouth or talking back
- Sometimes spontaniously, when their behavior is really helpful
It is greatly appreciated if you leave a comment or share the post because I like to reach a lot of parents.
Copyright Photo Time_Out_by_Kittihawk11 – deviantart.comby